Dr. Han has helped many of his patients replace missing teeth with attractive, comfortable, and natural feeling dental implants. In the past few decades, dental implants have become the most helpful and reliable way to replace missing teeth and secure bridges or dentures. Dr. Han uses advanced restorative dentistry methods and superior technology to place dental implants to improve the quality of your life.
The Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. Dr. Han works to make your dental implant restorations look real and alive.
- Improved comfort. Because they become a fixed part of your mouth, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures or spacing.
- Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip. Filling in the spaces in your mouth can also improve speech.
- Easier eating. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with comfort and confidence.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile, and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants do not require any alteration of nearby healthy teeth to support the implant (as might be the case with a traditional dental bridge). Individual implants allow easy access between teeth, which improves oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable, long-term restorations. With good care and maintenance, many implants last a lifetime.
Dental Implant Consultation
Dental implants can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all the teeth in the mouth with a variety of replacement options. Dr. Han is happy to discuss your particular needs to form a treatment plan that makes your smile healthier, more functional, and more attractive than ever!
The consultation will include:
- complete medical history
- impressions (molds) of the teeth and gums
- in-office CT scan (3-D digital x-ray for precision placement of your implant)
After careful evaluation and thoughtful planning, Dr. Han will discuss the number and type of implants that would be best for your situation.
The Tooth Implant Procedure
The procedure for placing and restoring a dental implant is summarized below. Each patient is different, and each patient’s needs and goals are different. However, the outline below provides a general overview of the steps.
- Dr. Han will use an in-office 3D scan and the most advanced technology to determine the appropriate site for your dental implant placement. We use a Sirona CT scanner (Galileo’s). The Sirona CT scanner allows Dr. Han to perform a more comprehensive exam and perform smooth, accurate, procedures. We will create a custom surgical guide for the most precise implant placement. Impressions of your mouth will be used by the dental laboratory to create a customized dental implant restoration. Dr. Han insists on all of this planning and preparation so that he can create an exact product for each patient.
- At the surgical visit, Dr. Han will prepare the site to receive the tooth implant. Dr. Han is skilled in performing bone grafting procedures if that is what you need. He will then secure the implant into bone imitating the root of a tooth. The gum tissue will be sutured back over the dental implant. The dental implant is left undisturbed for three to six months to allow it to osseointegrate with the bone. Dr. Han will offer you options to temporarily restore your smile during this healing phase.
- Once the dental implant has been completely integrated with the bone, a post is attached to each dental implant. Our CEREC technology can be integrated with our Sirona CT scanner technology to create stunning restorations that fit your smile perfectly and comfortably.